How can you not love this time of year? The cold, winter weather is starting to ease off and there are more outdoor running activities taking place. For instance, TONIGHT there is a group run starting and ending at The Finish Line, Emmaus. The run begins at 6:00 pm from in front of the shop. I know these runs have been going on all winter but at least now it’s a little more enjoyable and you won’t be freezing your butt off.
Another group run takes place TOMORROW evening starting at 5:30 pm. Aardvark After Dark has been a popular group run in Bethlehem this year. Stop by after work and run with the group. Plus, you get to use the store’s changing rooms — Bonus!
** Daylight Savings Time – Don’t forget to set your clocks an hour ahead this Sunday! **
SPEAKING OF GROUP RUNS … there are quite a few to choose from this weekend. Visit http://lvrunningscene.com/events/ for links and details.
- 7:00 am, LVRR Group Run starting from the Covered Bridge in Lehigh Parkway and running a loop through the Parkway. All paces.
- 7:30 am, Breakfast Club Runners. Easy run and breakfast after! How can you resist this fun group of people?
- 7:30 am, T-rex Group Run. Meet at Environmental Center at Trexler Nature Preserve. Planning on running the Quadzilla this summer? Maybe you should join this run then.
- 7:00 am, LVRR Group Run starting at the Fish Hatchery off Cedar Crest. Plan on going long today.
- 7:30 am, Half Marathon Training Group. Everyone is welcome to join this group run! Lead by Laura Michaels, a pacer for the St. Luke’s Half Marathon, she has been leading this growing group on a Sunday long run each week in preparation for the upcoming race. Meet in front of the LVRR clubhouse in Lehigh Parkway.
- 8:30 am, Jacobsburg Trail Run. If you have wanted to run these trails but were unsure of the trail system now is your chance. This is a beautiful place to run; join the fun!
OTHER GOINGS ON
Saturday – Aardvark Sports Shop, Zensah Day! I’m kinda digging these tie-dye calf sleeves.
Chambersburg Half Marathon – Saturday, 8:30 am. Website says there is race day registration.
March Madness 4.5 Miler – Saturday, 9:00 am, Lehigh Parkway. Part of the Run Lehigh Valley race series where you earn points throughout a series of races by either your finish place of by contributing a donation. For this race you will earn 1 point for each non-perishable food donation, up to 10 points.
Shiver by the River – Sunday, 11:00 am, Reading. 5k and 10k option. This is the FINAL race of this winter series.
COMING UP …
Mark your calendars for March 16th. Saucony will be at The Finish Line. Specific time is forthcoming, I’ll let you know as soon as I know.
Also, the Newton rep will hold another Natural Running Clinic at The Finish Line in April. Again, as soon as the date is set I’ll let you know.
I wanted to give a special shout out today to Todd Dietrich who is starting the Couch to 5k program yesterday. Big congrats on that and good luck as you work your way through the program!
If you know of someone who deserves a shout out please fill out the form below.
[contact-form-7 id=”11120″ title=”Shout Outs”]